From consultations to field visits, our MCCA team had their hands full during the month of March and April before the Thingyan holidays began. Take a look at the list of our activities below:
- Workshop on Methodology of the Eco-System Based Climate Change Adaptation Project
(6 April 2016, Nay Pyi Taw)
Participants: Environmental Conservation Department, Department of Meteorology and Hydrology, Labutta Township Administrators, Plan International, World Vision, Action Aid, UNDP
- Strategic Urban Planning Training (From 5 to 7 April 2016, Mandalay)
Participants: UN-Habitat, ADB, Mandalay City, Lashio Township, Moniywa Township
- Vulnerability Assessments (VA) for the Eco-System Based Climate Change Adaptation Project (3 to 5 April 2016, Pakokku)
Participants: Pakokku Township Administrators and Village Administrators
- Vulnerability Assessments (VA) for the Eco-System Based Climate Change Adaptation Project (29 March to 1 April 2016, Labutta)
Participants: Labutta Township Administrators and Village Administrators
- Consultations on Awareness Campaigns of Climate Change in Myanmar
(30, 31 March and 8 April 2016, Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw)
We have consulted various policymakers, NGOs, and journalists on the formulation of our Awareness Campaigns in Myanmar.
- ASEAN Forum on Improvement of Knowledge, Skills and Competence of Stakeholders in Climate Change Adaptation (7 to 9 March 2016, Nay Pyi Taw)
Participants: More than 150 participated from ASEAN countries, Embassies in Myanmar, UN Agencies, INGOs/NGOs, governmental officials and universities
- We have also updated our National Climate Change Strategy & Action Plans. Please follow this page for the latest draft, which will be available for comments in the month of April and May.